However, since the number of employees isn’t as important a criteria as the total net revenue, we have decided to go with a 60/40 ratio in favor of net revenue. Some of the industries that reap the greatest benefits from third-party logistics solutions include retail, hospitality, food & beverage, and pharmaceutical. Supply Chain Digital is the digital community for the global supply chain & logistics industry that connects the world’s largest supply chain & logistics brands.
These companies are changing the way businesses are innovating in the logistics industry. Rounding out BizVibe’s list of the top 10 largest logistics companies in the world is the Class I freight railroad operating in the eastern United States and the Canadian provinces of Ontario and Quebec, CSX Transportation. The company was founded in 1980 and brought in annual revenues of USD 11.93 billion last year. The first Canadian-based company on the list of the top 10 largest logistics companies in 2020 is the Canadian National Railway. Founded over 100 years ago in 1919, CN is a Canadian Class I freight railway headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, that serves Canada and the Midwestern and Southern United States.
Three Interesting Facts About Xpo Logistics:
Some sector rankings may have been updated since their print publication. To be included in the Top 50 list, please send contact information to We will contact you via phone or e-mail to get information about your company prior to publication of the next Top 50 list. Top 50 Logistics Companies uss express reviews provide logistics services, including freight brokerage, freight forwarding, warehousing and dedicated contract carriage in North America and are ranked on the basis of annual gross revenue. This company operates as a 3PL (Third-Party logistics) and transportation services provider since 1905.
- If you are interested in learning more on how to vet your freight broker, 10 Tips How to Select Best Freight Broker for Your Company dives deeper into the above topics.
- This is BizVibe’s list of the top 10 largest logistics companies in the world in 2020 based on revenue and brand value.
- This a DDMA accreditated, premium companies list which is continuously updated by various sources such as the local Chamber of Commerce, D&B, phone books, directories and numerous public sources.
- This company operates as a 3PL (Third-Party logistics) and transportation services provider since 1905.
- Founded in 1903 under the initial name of Atlantic Ice and Coal Company, Americold offers a wide range of services which include warehousing and various transportation programs.
- In order to rank the 11 biggest logistics companies in the US, we initially considered their net revenue.
One item mentioned earlier is the possibility of modal conversion from truckload to 53’ domestic intermodal containers. If a freight lane has intermodal characteristics that make for a good intermodal lane and can handle an additional day in transit over truck, a shipper can save an average of 15% over truckload. If you are interested in learning https://www.stgusa.com/ more on how to vet your freight broker, 10 Tips How to Select Best Freight Broker for Your Company dives deeper into the above topics. With that in mind, find out how your business will be served during and after hours. While this is great for the cost structure of the broker, it does not help your company when there is an issue.
Pandemic Upends Logistics Market
BizVibe has redefined the concept of B2B networking by helping buyers select the right supplier. Our platform is designed https://www.thedailyblaze.com/uss-express-customers-and-employees-reviews/ to help companies generate leads, shortlist suppliers, request for proposals, and identify global companies.
The net revenue was traced from Statista and is an important criterion for the growth or success of a company, often determined by the total revenue it earns. On the other hand, we also considered the total number of employees each company has as well. The more the number of employees, the bigger the company or so logic dictates.